Friday, December 9, 2011

Let the countdown begin....

I have been such a horrible blogger! It's been so long since my last post. Happy "late" Thanksgiving everyone!!!! I hope you had a very blessed day with your family and friends. I know I sure did. Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday. It always has been. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas too but, there is something about gathering with family and friends for absolutely no reason other than to eat delicious food and be thankful for each other and the many blessing in our lives. So, with that said the first year I went out of town with my [at the time] boyfriends family to celebrate Thanksgiving with his grandparents....it was actually very hard for me to not be with my family. But, over the years I have realized if I couldn't be with my family on Thanksgiving I honestly couldn't think of better people to spend it with. It's not very often that a girl marries a man she adores AND adores his ENTIRE family too! That is definitely what I was thankful for this Thanksgiving! What about you? What were you thankful for this year? Yeah, I know Thanksgiving was over weeks ago but, it's never the wrong time to remind yourself what you are thankful for! Right!?

Last year I jumped on the "wake up at 3AM to go shopping on black Friday" ban wagon. I got some pretty good deals and did a lot of my Christmas shopping. So, I decided to go again this year. I was so happy when I heard they were opening at 12AM. I didn't have to go to sleep and then wake up 2 or 3 hours later. I just didn't go to sleep. Well...apparently EVERYONE else was excited too. My husband, sister in law, father in law and I all went to Target. This is what the line looked like...


Hold on.....it gets worse......




This line wrapped around the side of the building. It was CRAZY! So, instead of standing in line we decided to go in Best Buy next door [which had no line to get in. I know I was shocked too] to kill some time until we could into Target. We finally got into Target and shopped a little. We head towards the line to check out and this is what we see.....

The line weaved in and out of the isles all the way back to the back of the store. We looked at what we had in our basket and instantly decided nothing was THAT GREAT of a deal to stand in that line. So, we put our things back and headed home. What a waste of a trip!! I hope you all had better luck!

Once we got back home from being out of town I was SO excited to start decorating for Christmas. Well, if I'm being honest I sort of started before we left [ooops!]  




That's my husband making a goofy face because I made him stop working to take a picture. How are your decorations coming!? Are you ready for Christmas!? Let the countdown begin..... 16 days!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment